Welcome to STEM STEP
(Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics Success,
Transfer & Equity Program)
To help prevent possible exposure to COVID-19, all classes will be suspended from Monday, March 16 through Saturday, March 21. Spring break will move to March 23 - March 29. Therefore, no instruction or in-person student support services (e.g. STEM STEP Program, Transfer Center, Admissions & Records, Counseling, Financial Aid, EOPS, SPS and all other offices) will be available during this time. Instruction will resume on Monday, March 30th.
Beginning May 18th, all STEM counseling appointments will be conducted online through ConexED. To book an appointment please click on one of the links below:
To book an appointment with Vivika Demel (STEM Counselor) CLICK HERE
To book an appointment with Patsy Morales Gonzalez (STEM Counselor) CLICK HERE
STEM STEP is a prescribed, accelerated (two-year) pathway at LAHC for full-time students committed to comple
ting, transferring, and succeeding in STEM. The goal of STEM STEP is to increase the number of Hispanic and low-income students who attain degrees in STEM fields.
LAHC College faculty, counselors and staff are devoted to assisting and supporting STEM students reach their potential by creating unique career, educational, scholarship and transfer opportunities.
As a participant in the STEM STEP Program, you will receive the following benefits:
- Individualized STEM and Transfer Counseling
- STEM Focused Workshops (STEM 101, application workshops, career workshops, etc.)
- STEM tutoring
- STEM Learning Communities
- STEM Scholarship Opportunities
- Free STEM Field Trips (one day and three day trips)
- STEM Textbook Lending library
- Newsletters and additional email announcements designed specifically for STEM students, including information about: scheduled workshops, guest speakers and events, university fieldtrips, internships, and university transfer updates
In order to participate, you must attend Summer Bridge and see a STEM couselor to complete an education plan. For more on Summer Bridge, click here. To schedule an appointment, click here.
To learn more about our program, please click on the different tabs on the left side!
Stay Connected With Us Download GradGuru!
It's a free app!
Never miss a deadline or campus event!
Earn Amazon gift cards!