Harbor College Mission:
Los Angeles Harbor College promotes access and student success through associate and transfer degrees, certificates, economic and workforce development, and basic skills instruction. Our educational programs and support services meet the needs of diverse communities as measured by campus institutional learning outcomes.
Distance Learning program is to support students and faculty served by the college's online, hybrid and web-enhanced classes. This support includes training and mentoring of faculty, setting up sites for te classes, ensuring that students are loaded into the sites and providing assistance to students who are having difficulties accessing their classes. In addition, the program is responsible for negotiating contracts with the college's (CMS) provider and recommending policy for onine distance learning as a sub-committee of the Academic Senate's Curriculum Committee.
Maximize instructor competence and confidence in the College LMS
Support innovation in online instruction
Maximize online student success
2nd Tuesday of each month starting at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location is Northeast Academic Hall, Conference Room 165
Mr. Michael Reid, Distance Ed. Committee Chair
Dr. Lorrie Kato, Media Specialist -
Phone: (310) 233-4068
Dr. Bobbi Villalobos,Vice President Academic Affiairs
Dr. Robert Richards, Sociology
Dr. Ann Warren, Communications
Dean Sandra Sanchez
Tamar Khajadourian, Librarian
Norkor Omaboe, Kinesiology
Cynthia Caloia, Communications
Rhea Estoya, Institutional Effectiveness
Tigran Alikanyan, Math
Faculty/Student Canvas Support:
For Students: You will be expected to provide your Student ID, Login name and student email.
For Faculty: You will be expected to provide your faculty SIS ID. Login name for mycollege.laccd.edu.
Faculty Canvas and Pedagogy Training:
Faculty interested in the below training sessions, please refer any questions to either facilitator.
- Introduction to Online Teaching with Canvas course 2 courses (4-week course, 40 hours)
- Course Orientation: Tuesday, March 26th 1:30-2:30, NEA 165
- H. Canvas. INTRO 11 course starts - March 26, 2019 to April 19, 2019
- Course Orientation: Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 at 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm.
- H.Canvas. INTRO.12 course starts -May 21, 2019 to June14, 2019
- Pedagogy Course (4-week course, 40 hours)
- April 23, 2019 – May 17, 2019
- This course requires basic CANVAS knowledge. Completion of an Introduction to Online Teaching with Canvas course is recommended.
Michael Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org - or X4068
Lorrie Kato, email@example.com - or X4674
Los Angeles Harbor College 2014 - 2017 Distance Education Plan