The charge of the Grants Committee is to assist staff, faculty, and administration by outlining the
internal college process and procedures, to provide transparency of grants managed on campus, to
share grant opportunities, and to provide interested faculty and staff the opportunity to present a
rationale for seeking funding.
Grant funding expenditures must follow all guidelines provided by the funding agency, LACCD and
LAHC’s budget policies and procedures. All grants must align with the College’s mission statement,
goals of the College, and LACCD/LAHC Strategic Educational Master Plan, as well as, the
Department/Division’s Unit plan. There may be special policies and procedures that must be
followed due to Federal, State, and local regulations.
The Los Angeles Harbor College Grants Committee is a subcommittee of the Academic Senate
(AS) which meets the first Tuesday of every month and the third Tuesday of the month on an as
needed basis. The committee meets on an as needed basis during the summer months.
The Grants Committee meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month at 2:00 PM.
Meetings are held in SSA 219.
The Grants Committee is a committee of the Academic Senate and shall include one representative from the groups below:
• Co-Chair – Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) Dean of EWD or appointed designee
• Co-Chair – Faculty representative appointed by Academic Senate President with consent by Academic Senate (2 year term)
• 3 Additional Faculty Members
• Academic Affairs-Dean of Academic Affairs or designee
• Classified- Appointed by AFT1521A
• Student Services-Appointed by Dean of Student Services or VP, Student Services
• Divisions- One from each division as appointed by the Division Chairs
• One representative appointed by the AFT Chapter President
• One representative appointed by Teamster President
• Information Technology Manager or Designee
• Administrative Services VP or Designee
• Facilities & Maintenance Manager or Designee
• Institutional Effectiveness
• Associated Students Organization
Quorum: 50%+1 from multiple constituencies. In order to be considered a voting member, a member needs to have attended three of the meetings prior to the vote taking place. Whenever necessary, voting will be held electronically via LAHC email by voting members. In absence of a quorum an Executive Body can approve any necessary items. The Executive Body includes: Co-Chairs, plus three regularly attending faculty members.
Each Fall, a schedule is put together for all grant project directors to summarize and report on the outcomes for the previous fiscal year. The schedule for upcoming grant presentations for fiscal year 2015-2016 can be found in the .pdf below. Copies of all grant presentation updates can be found under Committee Documents/Presentations. If you would like to provide an update, please contact the committee co-chairs.