Technology Advisory Committee
The Technology Advisory Committee is composed of representatives of each instructional division as well as selected representatives of other constituencies. The Committee continually reviews the College Technology Functional Plan submitted annually to CPC for renewal, providing the frame of reference for all planning proposals requiring new technology, which are initially referred to this Committee for its input as to the operative specifications involved. [Participatory Governance Agreement, Article VI, Section 7.]
The purpose of the Academic Technology Advisory Committee is to assess campus computer resources and to develop, and review annually a three-year comprehensive Technology Master Plan for the coordination of campus-wide computing. Specifically, the committee will:
- Make recommendations to the College Planning Council and Academic Senate on matters relating to the acquisition and use of technology campus wide and
- Review the Los Angeles Harbor College Technology Master Plan and promote, assess, and monitor its implementation.
- Increase awareness among the college community through a technology Website of what is going on in the IT realm.
- Promote the use of computers and other technology on campus. Make recommendations for technology training for faculty and staff development.
- Develop recommendations for prioritization of support staff, training, and access to computer resources and laboratories.
- Identify specific academic technology needs as they arise across the campus in order to be in a position to provide support or modify equipment or infrastructure.
- Recommend procedures for the acquisition, operation, and repair of technology resources.
- Reviews the College Technology Plan for submission to CPC and the Academic Senate in accordance with College unit plans.
- Oversees the integration of college needs in adopting new technologies and maintaining existing technologies.
- Advises the College on technology as it plans for new buildings.
The Technology Advisory Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every month.
Meetings begin at 12:30 PM in SCC 271.
Manager, College Information Systems
Senior Office Assistant, Health Sciences