Technology Advisory Committee is composed of representatives of each
instructional division as well as selected representatives of other
constituencies. The Committee continually updates the College
Technology Functional Plan submitted annually to CPC for renewal, which
provides the frame of reference for all planning proposals requiring new
technology, which are initially referred to this Committee for its
input as to the operative specifications involved. [Participatory
Governance Agreement, Article VI, Section 7.]
purpose of the Academic Technology Advisory Committee is to assess
campus computer resources and to develop, and update annually a
three-year comprehensive Technology Master Plan for the coordination of
campus-wide computing. Specifically, the committee will:
recommendations to the College Planning Council and Academic Senate on
matters relating to the acquisition and use of technology campus wide
Create, and annually update the Los
Angeles Harbor College Technology Master Plan and promote, assess and
monitor its implementation.
Increase awareness among the college community through a technology Website of what is going on in the IT realm.
the use of computers and other technology on campus. Make
recommendations technology training for faculty and staff development.
Develop recommendations for prioritization of support staff, training and access to computer resources and laboratories.
specific academic technology needs as they arise across the campus in
order to be in a position to provide support or modify equipment or
Recommend procedures for the acquisition, operation, and repair of technology resources.
1. Drafts the College Technology Plan for submission to CPC and the
Academic Senate in accordance with College unit plans.
2. Oversees the integration of college needs in adopting new technologies
and maintaining existing technologies.
3. Advises the College on technology as it plans for new
The Technology Advisory Committee meets on the second Tuesday of every month.
Meetings begin at 2:00 PM in SSA 214.
Dr. Stephanie Atkinson-Alston
Dean, Academic Affairs
Director, Information Technology
Click here for a list of current members
- 1 representative from each Academic Division
- 1 representative from the Institutional Effectiveness Office
- 1 Dean of Economic & Workforce Development as nonvoting resource
- 1 Dean to be appointed by Teamsters Local 911
- 1 Director of IT
- 1 Representative from the Distance Learning Committee
- 4 Classified Staff representatives – one appointed by the AFT Classified Unit, and three appointed as per union contracts.
- 1 Student appointed by the Student Body President