Welcome to Admissions & Records


Due to the health and safety of everyone, Admissions & Records will not be providing in person ​services until further notice. 
If you have any questions or concerns related to Admissions, please email us at:​  ARHELP@LAHC.EDU 

Please submit forms and petitions to your corresponding Admissions Staff member depending on the first letter of your last name. (See below for Admissions Staff members)

Thank you for your understanding and patience with us during this time.
We will update you as soon as we can. Stay safe and healthy! 

The Los Angeles Harbor College Admissions & Records 

office is here for you before, during, and after your time 

at Harbor. Whether you are preparing for transfer to a 

four-year college or university, seeking an occupational 

degree or certificate, or taking classes to improve skills 

or investigate a new career, we are pleased that you 

have chosen Los Angeles Harbor College (LAHC​).

Our admissions area is the first stop for new students, 

reviewing 8,000 applications each year. We will help 

you during your time at LAHC and our records area will 

maintain your student records during and after your 

departure from the college.​

Spring 2021

Office Virtual Hours

Monday through Thursday

 9:00 am- 6:00 pm


8:00 am -4:00pm

Contact Us:

Email: arhelp@lahc.edu 

Contact us on Mondays and Wednesdays 8-4pm via

Phone: (310)-233-4090

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays via Student Support

Phone:  (424)-367-1604​

Address: 1111 Figueroa Place

Wilmington, CA, 90744

Admissions and Records Staff

Forms and Petitions can be submitted to the corresponding staff member in charge of the first letter in your last name. Please direct all general inquiries and questions to our main Admissions and Records email, arhelp@lahc.edu​

​Parinaz (Naz) Tehrani​

​Admissions & Records Assistant 

(Alpha Letters: A,B,C & X,Y,Z)

Email: baghbap@lahc.edu

​Lisa Rainwater

Admissions & Records Assistant

(Alpha Letters: D,E,F,G & U,V,W)

Email: rainwalm@lahc.edu

​Aimee Cisneros

Admissions & Records Assistant

(Alpha Letters: H,I,J,K & R,S,T)

Email: cisnerad@lahc.edu

​Jessica Chen

​Admissions & Records Assistant

(Alpha Letters: L,M,N,O,P,Q)

Email: ​chenjw@lahc.edu

​Cynthia (Cindy) Machado

Admissions & Records Assistant 

(Transcripts and Verifications)

Email: machadcd@lahc.edu

​Ruby Guerrero


Email: guerrer@lahc.edu

​Cheryl Betancourt

Admissions & Records Evaluation Technician

(Alpha Letters: A-G)

Email: betancc@lahc.edu

​Melissa Hammonds

Admissions & Records Evaluation Technician

(Alpha Letters: H-O)

Email: hammonms@lahc.edu

​Marina Vargas​

​Admissions & Records Evaluation Technician​

(Alpha Letters: P-Z)

Email: vargasm@lahc.edu

Frequently asked Admissions Questions

How can I reset my student​ portal password? 

Students can contact the IT support desk by emailing:​ lahc-techsupport@laccd.edu. 

I forgot my student ID number. Where can I get that? 

Students ​may retrieve their student​ ID number by contacting Admissions at arhelp@lahc.edu. Please include a copy of your photo ID and the following information in your email: full name, date of birth, and last four digits of your social security number (if applicable).  

How do I clear prerequisites for classes and/or complete my assessment test? 

​​Students can contact the Counseling Department​ with an unofficial copy of their high school/college transcripts to clear prerequisites and assessments. 

How much would it cost to attend LA Harbor College? 

​Please contact the Business/Cashier’s Office for a detailed breakdown.  

Where can I find my registration appointment? 

​Student’s registration appointments are located in their student portals under the Manage Classes tile > Enrollment Dates. If no date appears and the student is active/a new student, then the system automatically assigns the Open Enrollment Registration time. 

How do I clear a high school hold? 

​If the student has already graduated high school, the student can self-report their high school graduation with the High School Graduation Update form. The form can be submitted to the Admissions email, arhelp@lahc.edu. Students are still required to follow up with an official high school transcript including a graduation date.  

How to update my major or change my home campus? 

​​Major emphasis and home campus can be changed through the Counseling Department. The Home Campus Change must be completed at the campus which the home campus is being updated to.  

Will my to-do checklist items prevent enrollment? 

​The To-do Checklists related to the Admissions Office in the student’s portal will not prevent enrollment, but if they are not completed on time, they may affect the following semester registration times.
  • ​Students can click on the to-do list item to determine which department has issued the checklist. 

I am unable to add class because I exceeded the maximum units allowed. How can I petition for a unit overload? 

​Unit Overloads must be granted and submitted by a Counselor. Click here for the Counseling Department 

I have attended LA Harbor College or another college in the LACCD before, do I need to reapply? 

​​Please refer to the New/Returning student info tab to see which type of student you are and if you need to reapply.   

Are transcripts required to attend?

​Transcripts are not required in order to enroll in the Los Angeles Community College District. However, transcripts of other schools you have attended are required for certain petitions and wilbe notated on the petition if it is required. Delay in submitting official transcripts can result in the delay of processing and/or the automatic denial of the petition 

LA Harbor College has received my transcript for another university/college that I have attended, but credit has not been awarded. How do I receive credit at LAHC for other classes taken at another university or college? 

In order to receive credit for similar courses taken at colleges outside the LACCD, students will need to submit a Petition for Credit form. Along with the Petition for Credit form, students will need to provide their own copies of course descriptions and unofficial copies of their transcripts. 

  • ​For more information about the process, students may speak to a Counselor.
  • ** Please note that not all courses will need to be petitioned, it is strongly recommended that you speak with a counselor about transferring coursework to LAHC.  Similar coursework from an out-of-state college/university will have to be petitioned.  Please see a counselor for advisement. **​

If you have any other questions or concerns related to Admissions, please email us at:​  ARHELP@LAHC.EDU